Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pool Rats!


One of the best decisions we've made this year was deciding to join the neighborhood swim and tennis club.  It wasn't necessarily a hard decision to make, but we had gone back and forth a couple of times on which club to join and I'm thrilled that the one we chose has such a wonderful baby pool.  Taking a one year old and a 3 month old to the pool has been challenging at times, but for the most part has gone pretty well!  I will happily admit, that it is made MUCH easier when we plan to meet friends there who can add a helping hand or watchful eye out!

Trevor LOVES the pool and lately I'm starting to feel more comfortable with him walking around the entire perimeter of the pool.  After all, It is a whopping 1.5ft at it's deepest.  And with the zero grade entry, I don't have to hold Trevor's hand as he enters and exits the pool.  There are times of course, where my heart stops as I see Trevor take a stumble and plunge underwater.  However, with some help, he is brought back up to the air in seconds and seems to forget the incident altogether.  I can't wait for him to take swim lessons!

Besides for our weekday pool trips, there are several nights where we get to meet daddy at the pool after work and have dinner.  Such a nice way to end the day with the hassle of making dinner alleviated, and some quality family time.  Finally, a swimming baby makes for a worn out baby that night= good night of sleep for all of us!

I'll leaves you with some pics so far of us at the pool this summer...

Fun with Noodles, Trevor apparently didn't get the memo that pool noodles are not edible and he Loves to take big bites out of the foam... yucky!


This pic is from earlier at BHI, but wanted to include one of Daddy with Trevor

I LOVE playing with the truck at the pool, in fact I usually try to steal it from other kids or cry when other kids have it and won't let me play with it.  I need to work on my ability to share...

 I hate how it is so hard to get pictures of all the babies looking up or happy, but I promise you, they all smile a lot!:)  Here Trevor is with his good friends, Max and Claire. 


We love snack/lunch time at the pool.  When it doesn't matter what our mom's packed for us, our goal is to take whatever food was packed by the other mom's.


Finally, we have to include Colin, our now 4 month old trooper who so patiently goes along with all of our outings!  Colin has been hanging out with us for the last 6 weeks and will be with us for about 6 more.  Trevor and I are both getting some practice- him sharing mom and me- handling two dependent babies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment