Monday, October 8, 2012

Therapists

We had our developmental evaluation for Trevor yesterday.  Two therapists came in and sat on the floor with Trevor for about an hour playing a series of games/puzzles with him and asking me questions about his behavior.  They said that they determined his levels by the particular activity that he got stuck on.  For example, one of the activities was unscrewing a bottle and then figuring out a way to get the small contents out.  He really seemed to enjoy everything they had in their bags and was quite interactive with them. 

They were testing in every area and we will get a full written report in the mail, but the areas that I remember off hand were speech (expressive and comprehensive), social, self help, and motor skills.  There were definitely more, but a lot of them overlapped.  Not surprisingly, Trevor does show a mild delay in expressive conversation which we have had a clue because he is not using any words.  The therapists were very reassuring that everything was ok and gave me a list of home activities to encourage speech and told me to try not to anticipate his "needs" as much so that he has to find a way to ask for them.  In all other areas, Trevor was on target or scoring ahead at the 18 month range.  It's hard for me to not have things ready for my little guy, but I'm thinking and the therapists agreed that I might not be as on top of it after the new baby comes so Trevor will be forced to ask for things!

We had a pretty calm weekend so here are just a few pics from recent days...

  Bath Time Fun!

 


Finding the train sets at the Children's Museum
 

Looking outside the window with Max and sweet Claire because the fun music wont keep my attention!
 


First time playing in the Chic Fila play area,, LOVED IT
 



With my walking buddies!
 

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! I love the one at the window! Max and Trevor look like twins :)

    ReplyDelete