Tuesday, August 7, 2012

3rd Trimester

Wow, this pregnancy is really flying by!  While I'm so ready to meet our little girl, I'm also really excited about spending lots of one on one time with Trevor beforehand. 

Last week we had another ultrasound to check the baby and the placenta's current position.  My doctors have agreed that if I go into spontaneous labor and the baby is in the correct position, we could try to avoid a cesarean delivery.  However, at this point things do not seem to be looking that way.  Our little girl is laying perfectly content sideways in a "transverse" position.  This is similar to the way that Trevor was lying which prevented me from ever dilating and giving natural birth to him.  Of course, there is still time for baby girl to move into the correct spot, but the doctor said this is an odd (usually less comfortable) place for the baby to choose so since it has happened twice now, it may be due to the shape of my uterus.  My surgeon in Florida had mentioned this right after Trevor's birth, but I was hoping she was just being overly pre-cautious.  As it is now, we will go in for another ultrasound around 36 weeks and make a final decision afterwards about the delivery.  We got another set of pictures, but they really aren't that clear. 

I think this one is the best, but it takes a little time to focus on everything.  Her face is in the bottom left.  Look at how her legs are really right over her face with her little nose is spelling her little knees.  It looks so comfy....  Oh and she is weighing in at a whopping 1.13lbs which is in the 50% for her age. 


1 comment: