Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Weekend Adventures

Last weekend we went to visit the Fixels and had a great time in Tallahassee.  Sarah and Will were lovely hosts and we enjoyed a relaxing weekend with the two of them.  This weekend we were finally at home in St. Petersburg.  We spent Saturday at St. Pete Beach and tried out Fort Desota Beach on Sunday which was very pretty. We decided that we'd like to try out different areas until the baby/move back to NC if possible.  Last week while in the middle of the walk, we got a little bored and decided that it would be fun to rent bicycles.  After walking out to our single bikes, we realized they had a double seater that looked like a lot more fun.  Our ride was probably the most hilarious 45 minutes I've experienced in awhile.  I was in front with my huge belly laughing as Alec was in the back with a panic stricken face because of my steering.  I'm sure it was an interesting sight for the walkers around us.  I think I"m asking for a tandem bike for Christmas 2011!


In addition to beaching it, we spent a ton of time looking for strollers/car seats.  There are way too many options out there.  My main criteria was a lightweight stroller that folds up easily and would hold several different types of car seats since we hadn't decided on a car seat yet.  Luckily William and Julie sent us our car seat so now at least our baby will be allowed to come home from the hospital with us! As far as pregnancy goes, here is a little update.  Our Bradley classes are going well so far.  They are definitely making me excited and more hopeful to follow through with a natural birth.  There are only two other couples in class with us so the class goes by pretty quickly.  I'm feeling a little more tired on my walks and at the gym than I have been in awhile.  Still sleeping well though and really can't complain about much.  After going back and forth several times, we decided to have the 3d/4d ultrasound.  It was VERY neat to see such a clear picture of the baby.  They also gave us a few moving images of the baby on a cd where you can see the baby kicking his legs and moving his hands.  Also, we decided on a baby name!  We are going to keep it quiet until the arrival, but the initials are T. A. G.

This week is my Spring Break, which I'm very excited about.  I plan to spend a lot of time reading and relaxing before our LONG drive back to NC on Friday.  We are headed back to NC for Ashley and Andrew's wedding at the Angus Barn, Alyson and Teddy's wedding shower, and finally for our baby showers on Sunday!  I can not wait to see everyone from NC.  We then will drive back to Florida on Monday.  My new job should begin that week.  I'm very excited about working in one school with small groups of students until labor instead of trying to manage 27 new wild students everyday! 

I'll leave you with some 3d/4d ultrasound pics!  Love the little guy already:)

 Hello!

  
my little feet


 I'm definitely a boy!


Ok enough with the pictures.. turning my head away and hiding behind my hands for the rest of the appointment

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! Looks like he's a little crowded in there. Might be time to come on out and see his Grandmommie!

    ReplyDelete